Job title: Hygiene Promotor Project Assistant-GFD
Employment category: E, L1
Reporting to: Team Leader- GFD
Technical line manager: GFD Project Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Location: Nduta/ Mtendeli
Authorization level: N/A
Overall purpose of the role: (1-2 sentences)
The Hygiene Promoter Project Assistant -GFD is responsible for maintaining a direct line management of Cleaner incentive workers in Nduta / Mtendeli Camps, providing overall management and coordination at assigned Food Distribution Point (FDP) in addition to completing timely weekly reports.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Organize implementation of Hand washing campaigns in project target populations.
- Ensure that water and soap is being provided for the hand washing.
- Ensure that that the FDPs are clean including the rubbish being burnt at all times.
- Responsible to train communities on good hygiene and sanitation practices (hold hygiene promotion sessions).
- Supervise and work hand in hand with the cleaner incentive workers.
- Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project based on program work plan (monthly plan and weekly).
- Participate in food coordination and camp meetings and reporting achievements/constrains.
- Undertake hygiene promotion campaign and other behavior change communication within the POCs.
- Able to understand solid and liquid waste managements within the FDPs of Nduta and Mtendeli camps.
- Participate and support the communities and the beneficiaries undertaking hygiene campaign in the project area
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as protection, gender, environment, PSEA are addressed and mainstreamed in the project.
- Keep daily record of materials used in the field.
- Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Able to maintain cordial relations with other stakeholders like WFP, UNHCR, Plan international HelpAge international, MHA, zone leaders, food management committees, beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders/partners.
- Ensure efficient coordination with stakeholders relevant to the implementation of GFD project, including other humanitarian and development actors in the area.
- Experienced in the general food distribution and for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience in hygiene promotion minimum(2years)
- Work experience with local communities, children and vulnerable people
- Experience in community mobilization and participation
Additional job responsibilities
- Identify and inform the team leader /officer of any problems or constraints
- Participate in weekly report writing
- Provide support to the all program staff in the implementation of program activities.
- Submit reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the Team leader /Information management Assistant
- Organize for implementation of Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns
- Support program staff in collecting data and reports per project needs.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Hygiene, community development or related to the field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
Help Age International
The Job description may not exceed two pages
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Deadline: 11 May, 2020