Water/Irrigation Engineering Lead
We are now accepting applicants for the position of Water and Irrigation Lead for a project opportunity, based in Dar es Salaam or Morogoro, Tanzania, with travel within the country.
This project, the USAID/Tanzania Infrastructure Support Activity, has the objective of providing professional architecture and engineering (A&E) technical services to assist USAID/Tanzania on its multi-sector infrastructure portfolio. The professional engineering consulting services support USAID/Tanzania, Power Africa, and the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) infrastructure priorities in the areas of transportation and water/irrigation projects.
Job responsibilities include:
- Support ensuring adherence to the goals and objectives (e.g., scope, schedule, and budget) of the contract with USAID
- Support management and direction of the entire CDM Smith team and sub-consultants
- Lead responsibility for all technical engineering aspects of water, irrigation and sanitation work
CDM Smith Employment Type
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from accredited university required.
- More than 10 years of experience studying,planning, designing, and implementing civil engineering and construction projects
- At least five (5) years of direct work experience in developing countries.
- Professional engineer certification
- Fluency in spoken Kiswahili and English at level 4 is required.
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith is a privately owned, global, full-service consulting, design/build engineering, construction, and operations firm helping public and private clients improve their environment and infrastructure through award-winning projects. Since 1947, we have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today’s staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, CDM Smith has grown and diversified with our clients’ needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
Job Site: Location
Tanzania – Morogoro
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required