Position: Deputy Chief of Party – Transportation Lead
Tanzania – Morogoro
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith is a privately owned, global, full-service consulting, design/build engineering, construction, and operations firm helping public and private clients improve their environment and infrastructure through award-winning projects. Since 1947, we have provided innovative solutions developed through strong client relationships of mutual trust and respect and a commitment to quality and integrity. From a three-person firm in the United States to today’s staff of more than 5,000 worldwide, CDM Smith has grown and diversified with our clients’ needs in mind. Our mission is to reach one goal – the client’s – by providing the right total solutions.
We are now accepting applicants for the position of Deputy Chief of Party/Transportation Lead for an assignment lasting up to three years, based in Morogoro, Tanzania, with travel within the country.
This project, the Infrastructure Support Activity (TISA), has the objective of providing professional architecture and engineering (A&E) technical services to assist USAID/Tanzania on its multi-sector infrastructure portfolio. The professional engineering consulting services support USAID/Tanzania, Power Africa, and the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) infrastructure priorities in the areas of transportation, and water/irrigation projects.
- Support the project’s Chief of Party in ensuring adherence to the goals and objectives (e.g., scope, schedule, and budget) of the contract with USAID
- Support management and direction of the entire CDM Smith team and sub-consultants as well as coordination and cooperation with support staff from the home office
- Lead technical transportation components of the work
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or similar degree from accredited university is required.
- More than 10 years of experience studying, planning, designing, and implementing civil engineering and construction projects
- At least five (5) years of direct work experience in developing countries.
- Professional civil engineer certification
- Fluency in spoken Kiswahili and English at level 4 is required.
Assignment Category Fulltime-Regular
Amount of Travel Required 30%
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Business Unit DAS
CDM Smith Employment Type Local