Job at Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) – NHLS ECHO Program Officer
POSITION TITLE: NHLS ECHO Program Officer
REPORTS TO: NHLS Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam (with frequent field travel up to 75%))
To provide overall technical support in the planning and implementation of ECHO activities for the Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility, and Sustainability (SQAS) of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) project implemented by THPS.
This includes coordination and providing support to the ECHO spokes and hubs and ECHO communities of practice to enhance knowledge of healthcare workers and specifically laboratory professionals at all tiers of the healthcare system across the country.
- Coordinate all ECHO clinics under the NHLS project.
- Support specific ECHO Coordinators for NHLS supported ECHO clinics in planning including the development of various clinics timetable and identification of facilitators and subject matter experts.
- Share regular reminders with ECHO Communities of Practice (CoP) for all supported ECHO clinic sessions.
- Make follow up on attendance to the different ECHO clinics including collecting and properly archiving attendance records for data entry and storage.
- Ensure proper data management in iECHO for timely reporting of different ECHO clinics to the Funder, MOHCDGEC, and Stakeholders.
- Provide the necessary support to the CoP, ECHO spokes, and Hubs to ensure motivated Communities of Practice and good performance of the ECHO clinics.
- Facilitate and enhance day-to-day operations and relations with supported ECHO coordinators and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and share weekly, monthly, and quarterly ECHO clinic reports to the project leadership.
- Participate in the development of ECHO materials at THPS and national level including experiential and training curricula based on needs for specific CoP. Perform other duty as required by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in medical-related discipline including medical laboratory sciences; microbiology, immunology, hematology, pathology, and clinical chemistry; OR nursing, public health, international health, or a related discipline.
- Advanced degree in one of the above laboratory disciplines, OR public health or related discipline will be an added advantage
- Required: Minimum 4 years working experience in HIV and/or TB programs including or health systems strengthening is required.
- Experience in ajirasasa working with HIV and TB programs, R/CHMTs, and multidisciplinary health teams is an added advantage.
- Experience in the development of training materials and training of healthcare workers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; ability to effectively work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swahili
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (email@example.com) using vacancy link located under jobs and tenders, attaching a cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by June 14th, 2020 with a subject line for example: NHLS ECHO Program Officer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.