7 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Red Cross Society, Theatre/Scrub Nurses
Theatre/Scrub Nurse (7 Positions)
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019.
Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognized and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office, located in Dar es Salaam city.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania.
The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
THEATRE/SCRUB NURSES (7 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age Limit: Not above 55 years.
- Keeping the theatre clean and all autoclaving done.
- Scrub and assist surgeons
- Ensure patient safety and maintain a high standard of nursing care.
- Re-stock equipment/supplies as needed
- Clean surgical instruments and maintain sterility in the theatre, recovery room and autoclave room.
- Document nursing care and patient condition in appropriate documents, both in the theatre and in the recovery area
- Understand the proper use of all equipment used in the theatre and the recovery room. (Diathermy, pulse Oximeter, suction machine, light source, theatre beds, defibrillator and autoclave.)
- Ensure safety of equipment during use, as well as when moving it from one unit to another.
- Oversee care for patients as they wake from surgery
- Perform any other duties related to the role as directed by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Nursing with certificate in surgical theater management.
- At least 18 months working experience in a reputable health institution.
- Valid Practice License from TNMC.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than May 26th,2020.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified).