6 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Red Cross Society, Nurse Anaesthetists
Nurse Anaesthetist (6 Positions)
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019.
Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognized and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office, located in Dar es Salaam city.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania.
The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers.
Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
NURSE ANAESTHETIST (6 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC)
Reports to: Anesthetist Nurse In-charge
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years.
- Perform pre-operative patients’ visits: explain procedures to patients and check whether they have any medical conditions that could create a problem under anesthesia.
- Prepare operating room: check anesthesia machine, supplies, medicine and gases.
- Observe condition of patients during surgical procedures, including skin color dilation of pupils and vital signs: initiate remedial measures to prevent surgical shock or other adverse conditions as required.
- Document anesthesia notes on patients.
- Helps wake up patients after the anesthetics.
- Accompany patient to recovery area and remain until patient’s immediate condition is acceptable.
- Perform post-anesthesia patient visits to rule out any complications secondary to anesthesia patient visits to rule out any complications secondary to anesthesia.
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures.
Diploma in Nursing and Certificate of Anesthesia from a recognized institution.
Must be registered by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council
At least 18 months working experience in a reputable health institution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than May 26th,2020.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified).