Job Opportunities Accounts Assistant at Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Job Title: Accounts Assistant – MUWRP Uganda Jobs
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref No: MUWRP/11/01
Reports to: The Finance Manager.
The Accounts Assistant will provide financial support to the Finance section in the areas of petty cash management, voucher preparation, following up accountability of working advances, filling of accounting documents and entering accounting data into the accounting software
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza-like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, monitoring the Program’s petty cashbooks
- Receiving all approved payment requests
- Entering approved payment requests into accounting software- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Uploading payments into the online banking platforms (Straight2bank for SCB and Citi online banking for CITIBANK)
- Preparation/ lining up of payment vouchers for both cash and bank payments
- Registering all payments before issuing them to the vendors and ensuring that receipts are obtained.
- Follows up the accountability of advances following procedures in the accounting manual
- Processing receipts and sales invoices for Lab incomes
- Ensure utility bills are promptly settled as and when they fall due
- Participate in the preparation of Audit files / Audit processes
- Files all accounting documents in properly labelled files
- Assists in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor and / or Head of Department.
- The ideal applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in a busy office environment.
- Prior experience with using Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Physical ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The ability to travel to MUWRP sites across the country.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should complete a MUWRP Application Form At the link below
Fill and submit it together with their Application letter, Photocopies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees, as one word/pdf document. The location should be clearly stated in the application and sent to:
The Senior Human Resource Officer
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala.
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted.
Deadline: 22nd November 2019