registered private Institution with registration number REG/HAS̸139 to
offer Pharmaceutical and Clinical Medicine courses to the level of
CCoHAS has been established by its own Charter (City College of Health
and Allied Sciences Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of
Association, 2012). It was registered by National Council for Technical
Education of the United Republic of Tanzania on the 30th June 2013.
Over the years City College of Health and Allied Science has made
significant achievements in all areas pertaining to increasing student’s
enrolment and level of academic performance. The College is located at
Toangoma ward– Mikwambe street in Temeke Municipal, Dar es Salaam.
The management of CCoHAS is gladly announcing for job vacancies in the following posts;
2.0 TUTOR II (PHARMACIST) – 3 POSTS
2.1 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy with teaching methodology from
recognized institution with three years experience. GPA of 3.5 or above
is added criteria.
Reporting to the Head of Department and shall have the following major responsibilities as a Tutor:
A.CONDUCTION OF CLASS SESSIONS
A. ASSIST WITH DELIVERY OF TEACHING IN A TUTORIAL ENVIRONMENT FOR EXAMPLE;
- Explaining concepts or ideas to students
- Answering queries from students
- Preparing handouts or other written materials.
- Assisting students in preparing for examinations
- Clarifying problematic or difficult subject area
- Explaining concepts or ideas to small groups of students
- Setting Tutorial assignments, such as essays, analysis of papers, statistical problems, etc
B. ASSIST WITH DELIVERY OF TEACHING IN OFF CAMPUS i.e. ON FIELD SITE IF REQUIED, FOR EXAMPLE;
- Explaining techniques related to field practices
- Explaining relevant concepts and their application in the field
C. ASSIST WITH THE ASSESSMENT AND EXAMINATION PROCESS, FOR EXAMPLE:
- To assist in the setting, invigilation and marking of examinations
- To provide feedback to student following examinations
D. OTHER ROLES
- Ensure that all relevant Health & Safety protocols are followed
- Undertake any administration tasks as required, such as maintaining attendance records on each student
- Assist in research and consultancy projects.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Assist in other service programmes of the department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by a competent authority
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Head of College, department or their nominated representative subject.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit cover
letter, Current resume, indicating clearly the position applied for,
copy of certicified academic certificates, Currently 2 passport size and
certificate of registration with professional bodies in Tanzania, and
names with contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers)
of three work related referees.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their details to the Human Resources Manager through e-mail email@example.com or by postal address at, City College of Heath and Allied Sciences, P.O. BOX 90372, Toangoma-Mikwambe, Temeke, Dar es Salaam.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.