Trade Operations OfficerType: Full Time
Other Categories: Trades , Finance
Job Level: IntermediateRoles and Responsibilities
• Receiving trade documents [Import Letters of Credits (LC’s), Export Letters of Credits (LC’s) and [Import Bills for Collections ( IFBC’s) and Export Bills for Collections (OFBC’s)] from Branches.
• Inspect documents for workability and conduct signature verification.
• Ensure that all trade documents presented for negotiation against relevant schedules from customers or agent banks in respects of export and import letter of credit and foreign collections. Ensure that all documents have been received prior to registering the transactions.
• Ensure compliance to UCP, URC, URR, exchange Controls and AM/KYC.
• Ensure Limits and availability of funds to cover the LC.
• Action diary report entries.
• Settle LC’s and Collections.
• Process and check transactions.
• Ensure daily workload is processed in time.
• Ensure all customer requests are executed immediately and followed up regularly.
• Ensure SWIFT payment and free formats messages are processed them accordingly..
• Create and processing through the system Bid/Tender Security Bonds after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Create and processing through the system Performance Bank Guarantees after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Create and processing through the system Advance payment Guarantees after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Create and processing through the system Payment Guarantees after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Create and processing through the system Shipping Guarantees after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Create and processing through the system Customs Bond after ensuring that all requirements are in order
• Ensuring that parties to transactions are screened prior to creating and processing same through the system.
• File all issued guarantees in respective files (branch wise)
• Capture and process Trade Loans in the system
• Support the roll out of new Projects within the Team
• Support and implement process changes as and when the need arises
• Ensure reconciliation of LC’s cash cover and contingent accounts.
• Ensure that suspense and contingents accounts balance on a weekly basis.
• Ensure safe and secure keeping of records (vouchers, LC and Collection files, registers, reports).
• Ensure commission and charges are recovered as per prevailing tariff guide
• To collect engrossment fee and commission according to tariff guide on each guarantee issued through the system or manually.
• Check correctness of entries of engrossment commission and thereafter keep in files for records
• Ensure availability and punctuality at all times.
• Make follow up on missing serial numbers and ensure prompt conclusion.
• File vouchers on a daily basis.
• Investigate on customer complaints and give feedback to line managers.
• Ensure sufficient stationery at all times
• Create letters of credit contracts in Flex cube system
• Perform sanction screening of documents as per procedures
• Advising letters of credits in Flex cube system
• Advise branches that a certain guarantee has expired and therefore it should be cancelled
• Advise branches to reverse cash cover when guarantees are cancelled
• Capturing of Trade Loans in the system
• Ensure conformity to authority mandates at all times
• Ensure an effective filing system is maintained.
• Ensure all control measures (checks, dual control) in terms of controlled stationary and security items.
• Compile required reports and submit to the Trade Operations ManagerEducational Qualifications
• Advanced Diploma
• First Degree in Banking
• Vast knowledge in in dealing with Trade Finance products including structured Trade
• Accreditation of CITF/CDCS
• Ability to work under pressure
• Communication skills – verbal
• Communication skills – written
• Ability to work under pressureTO APPLY CLICK HERE
Trade Operations OfficerType: Full Time